Friday, September 4, 2020

Reptar


    This is Reptar, my bearded dragon. I've had him for about three years now. He is exactly 18 inches long as of today. Repatar has spikes all over his body. His favorite meal is a bag of crickets from our local pet store. When Reptar falls asleep, he prefers to flatten out on the rock or lay upwards against the glass.

    According to animalplanet.com, the scientific name for the most common pet dragon species is Pogona Vitticeps. Bearded dragons get their nickname from their neck. When ever agitated, dragons will flair out the skin around the neck turning the area black. They originate from the deserts of central Australia. Dragons are omnivores meaning they eat animals, such as insects and small lizard, and vegetables, such as leafy greens.

10 comments:

  1. Reptar is so cute. Did you get that name from Rugrats? We have a lizard that lives in the garage and we just let him hand out in there because he eats all the bugs. They are definitely natures pest control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bearded Dragons = Pogona Vitticeps

    and from Australia. I learned something new today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen these lizards at the pet store. I did not realize they get so big! I would love to see a picture of him while sleeping laying upwards lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very rad! I am always blown away by people who owns reptiles as pets, especially snakes; I would definitely be too worried that they could escape their terrarium or bite me while feeding.
    PS: I do like turtles and I'm open to the idea of having one as a pet, however. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend once had a pair of breaded dragons, they were intriguing. Reptar seems like a cool pet, never knew why their breads turned black, appreciate the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted a lizard for a pet. It seems cool that he is a dragon too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is BEAUTIFUL!! I've always wanted to own an aquarium or terrarium with either a gecko or a turtle or tortoise. However my past experiences with owning reptiles in my childhood has made me sadly realize how much attention and dedication they require, and I refuse to be a caretaker of another beautiful beast until I have the means to provide a perfect home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Reptar is very big and it is funny that he loves to sleep on his back. I am wondering if he ever falls of the rock when he sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome, I was always interested in getting lizard maybe even a turtle. Thanks for teaching me something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder what would make a Bearded Dragon agitated. An angry reptile the size of Reptar would be the last thing I'd wanna come across.

    ReplyDelete