Friday, September 18, 2020

Magic

 This Is Taco Nation | Bon Appétit


Magic is the only way to describe a taco when it touches your taste buds. There are many types of tacos. They use different meats, methods of cooking, seasonings, even tortillas. A lot of effort goes into the prepping of this delicious. There are two types of tortillas, flour and corn. The most popular meat is carne asada, which translates to grilled meat. This is usually the go-to taco for those who are unsure of what to get. Another type is al pastor. Pork is marinated in spices and placed on a trompo (what is being depicted above). The taquero (person who makes tacos) slices the pork with pieces of pineapple to give it a sweetness. Last but not least, barbacoa. Barbacoa is typically made from lamb. The name refers to the style of cooking. A hole is dug in the ground so that the meat can be slow cooked. The meat is also wrapped in plantain leaves.

   Carne Asada Tacos | Downshiftology          The History of Tacos Al Pastor - ArcGIS StoryMaps            In Mexico City...Barbacoa wrapped in banana leaves coming out of the  underground pit. I'm ready to make a taco! | Barbacoa, Mexican food  recipes, Cooking supplies

9 comments:

  1. I'm hungry just by looking at the photos :-)

    I didn't know there are lamb tacos.

    I recently discovered street tacos. I really like them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's around breakfast time for me, and I am hungering for some delicious tacos. I'm a fan of all three types of meat selections you mentioned above. Thank you for including visual images; I had no idea that is how barbacoa is prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that Barbacoa is typically lamb meat or that it referred to the method of cooking. It reminds me of kalua pork from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al pastor is my favorite kind of taco. Every time I go to Mexico, the street tacos taste better than the tacos we have here. If you love tacos, you gotta go to Southern California and try out their fish tacos with a Mexican style twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post is making it hard for me to stay on my diet right now. On my cheat day, i am going to try everything you listed. Thanks a lot LOL. Just kidding, but i am definitely trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Al pastor is my fave and I really love the ones from Tacos El Gordo. I can eat tacos all day, every day. Now I want some tacos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tonight is now officially taco night! Carne asada is my meat of choice, tacos speak for themselves. Cannot imagine someone who does not enjoy a delicious taco.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so now i have a craving for tacos, fish tacos are my favorite, I am going to make some now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family is from Chihuahua Mexico and so I grew up hearing my parents constantly complain that none of the tacos here were nearly as good as the ones they grew up on. My siblings and I have tried to take them tacos from Tacos El Gordo many times as those are the ones we like the best and they always say they're 'alright' but not worth the price. I think they just miss Mexico.

    ReplyDelete