Friday, September 25, 2020

CGI

Movies before CGI: Here's what they look like - Insider


While watching one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies I started thinking about computer-generated imagery (CGI). Its amazing how people can change what looks real on a screen. They're basically creating their own world. Entertainment isn't the only use of CGI. For example, architects will sometimes use this to model how buildings would look. Both the architect and the client get a better sense of  how the building is going to turn out. I'm interested on how this technology will progress in the future.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, CGI has come a long way :-) The most highly visible example is my memory is the 2009 movie Avatar. Its sequel is planned for release in December 2022 then three more sequels after that at two year intervals. I am curious to see the advancement in CGI since 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CGI is something I would love to see the process conducted and played out in real-time! I, too, am excited and interested in seeing the progression of this technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CGI definitely enhances the movie experience. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Seeing the progression of CGI just from that series shows how far they've come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CGI is truly remarkable and seeing the beginning and end result blows my mind. I would love to see the process they went through to create this and I am also interested seeing how this technology develops in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CGI is a wonderful concept. When Paul Walker from "Fast and Furious" died, I was lost for words and thought the series would be over. However, in the next movie they made a CGI version of him and it looked so real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CGI has definitely enhanced the movie experience. Just when I believe it cannot get any better, technology improves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know much about CGI, but it has made movies a lot more entertaining and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love art in all types of mediums but I especially am amazed by CGI because I think its the future of artistic careers. Some people want their kids to be doctors and lawyers, I want mine to be animators and or CGI artists on films.

    ReplyDelete