Saturday, October 31, 2020

Pan Dulce

Decatur Mexican Pan Dulce Bakery La Calavera Opens at its New Kirkwood  Location on Memorial Drive, Atlanta - Eater Atlanta


Pan dulce is definitely one of my favorite foods. In fact, my Instagram name is inspired it. Those cold nights spent eating bread and drinking hot chocolate with my family are the best. Even just waiting and figuring out which ones I wanted was, and still is, an adventure. Each one has its own texture, smell, and taste

Pan dulce translates to sweet bread in English. Even though it is considered to be a Mexican cuisine, pan dulce originated from the Spaniards and the French bringing the tradition of wheat-flour pastries. Some of the most commonly known bread are conchas (shells), marranitos (pigglets), and orejas (ears). Some pan dulce are even associated with holidays and traditions. Pan de muerto (bread of the dead) is associated with Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and Rosca de Reys is associated with Dia de los Reyes (Three Kings Day).





8 comments:

  1. Pan dulce (sweet bread) looks delicious :-) I just did a quick search and saw several PanaderĂ­as (Mexican bakeries) in the greater Las Vegas area. Which one(s) would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to patisseries in Japan. I have not found any in the U.S. that compare to ones there - mainly because I prefer the savory pastries and most bakeries here focus on the sweet pastries/breads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love Pan Dulce! I am so excited for the colder weather which means champurrado with pan dulce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pan dulce. My mom would always buy us some on the weekends as a treat. Conchas are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love pan dulce, in the San Francisco Bay Area pan dulce is available everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I open your blog post and see the pictures of Pan Dulce, it makes me hungry, it goes good with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing. Sounds nice to eat these by the fire in a cabin and drink coffee or hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pan dulce too! One of my favorite childhood memories was walking up early with my Abuelita to be able to share half a concha over a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete