Saturday, October 10, 2020

Made

This week I want to write about one of my favorite song artists, Eddie Zuko. His real name is Heriberto Xavier Culebro. Like me, Eddie was born in SoCal. My friend had recently introduced me to his songs. 
My favorite song from him is "Made." The lyrics shown below are a part of that song and remind of when I was younger. It talks about how when he would visit his grandma she would make food. Since his grandmother is religious, she taught him to pray before eating. Saturday mornings was when he woke up early to watch cartoons. Since it gets hot during the summer he cooled down using the hose.

"Chillin at my Nanas eatin a lil sopita,
'Andale come come caliento mas tortillas,
Ay ay ch ch mijo no te olvides,
Siempre dale gracias a diosito pa este dia', yeah yeah
Saturday morning used to watch caricaturas,
Get wet outside with la manguera,
You know it's too hot."

8 comments:

  1. The bowl of fideo Eddie Zuko is about to eat looks delicious :-)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwU_OwZQg88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is all about connection and speaking to your audience. I am glad you are able to connect with Eddie Zuko and his music on so many levels. I really like the 'reggae' vibes the song, Made, includes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is a wonderful thing. No matter the type of person, there is always some form of music that will connect to them. Glad that you found some good music you like, on tough days it can be what you look forward to listening on the drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked bilingual songs. It is always interesting to hear the incorporation of different languages with English. When I listen to Japanese music that uses English words, I find myself translating everything to make sure the use of English makes sense instead of just being randomly thrown in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song had my bopping my head and made me think of my childhood with my abuelita. She made the best sopita and I always rolled my tortilla to dip it in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to give Eddie Zuko songs a listen. Music can take us to many different places in our lives, that's the magic in music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love good music that reminds me of my childhood also, or if your having a bad day it can make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Eddie Zuko! This is actually one of my favorite songs! I like to listen to it while I walk my dog.

    ReplyDelete