Saturday, November 14, 2020

Flan

Authentic Spanish Flan | DebbieNet.com 

I'm not much of a cook ,but when ever I do cook I find it somewhat relaxing. One dish I enjoy making is flan. It's described as a custard online. I learned this recipe from one of my aunts.

Ingredients

- Baking pan
- White sugar (optional)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1 can of evaporated milk (12 oz.)

Directions
1.) Preheat oven to 350°F
2.) Pour sugar in small saucepan and heat on stove (to make caramel, optional)
3.) As soon as sugar becomes liquid, pour it in baking pan evenly (optional)
4.) Beat 3 eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk in large bowl until smooth
5.) Pour evenly into baking pan
6.) Bake for about 1 hour in oven
7.) Let cool for about 30 minutes

8 comments:

  1. Flan looks delicious, thanks the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not the biggest fan of flan, but every time my grandmother has made flan, I've always eaten it. I'm a bigger gelatina fan. To my surprise, I find flan to be very similar to crème brûlée, but I do prefer the latter than the former.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a recommended size pan for this recipe? My in-laws love flan, and I would like to try making this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flan and I haven't made it in such a long time. After reading your blog I think it's time to make some again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing. We have a similar Filipino dish called Leche Flan. I love it and will only eat it from Filipino restaurants or while I visit the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it taste like heaven. I have never tried flan but it is now on the menu. Appreciate the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks very good, I thought it came from a magazine. I never had flan before, I might try to cook it sometime. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last time I went to Mexico my cousin made flan. My dads family owns a bakery so her cooking is off the charts. The best flan I have ever had. Nothing has beat it since.

    ReplyDelete